Woodside Innovation Centre at Monash
Woodside Innovation Centre at Monash combines superb facilities and equipment with ideas and talent with the aim of creating tomorrow’s solutions today.
- Outstanding leadership and talent: a Chair in Materials Science and Engineering, plus a Centre Director, lecturer and a team of Research Fellows and PhD students.
- Integration of disciplines: two industry-focused academics from IT and Engineering, who will work jointly and synergistically.
- A dynamic environment: situated in the New Horizons building at Monash University’s Clayton Campus, alongside some of the world’s best Materials Engineering and IT researchers and equipment.
- A global collaboration network: Woodside and Monash University have strong national and international networks, which in combination, will help to maximise the Centre’s global impact.
- Technology and solutions: materials engineering, data science, and a proof of concept laboratory.
THREE PILLARS OF TECHNOLOGY AND SOLUTIONS
- Focused on tackling major global challenges (such as corrosion) via new innovative technologies and next generation materials
- Researching opportunities in advanced functional coatings and composites
- Innovation in the design of LNG plants of the future and key components
Proof of Concept Laboratory
- Focused on additive manufacturing, exploring major cost savings and disruptive opportunities
- Optimising on-demand production of oil and gas components
- Fostering new ideas and evaluating early-stage commercial prospects
- Providing incubation space
- Links with Monash’s hi-tech facitlity SensiLab as well as other research partners
- Monash has the strongest university based group of data scientists in the Asia-Pacific region
- Expertise and research in optimisation, artificial intelligence, big data analytics, and data visualisation
- Talent pipeline – access to elite Monash data science graduates
- Digital plant – sensors, monitoring, compliance and control systems